Implant-Supported Dentures Give You Confidence, Security, & Beauty
Are you missing one or more of your teeth? Do you want to have a full, beautiful smile that you can flash without hesitation and with full confidence? Implant-supported dentures may be perfect for you!
What is an implant-supported denture?
- A denture is a dental appliance that holds replacement teeth in your mouth. They rest on your gums, stay in place with either suction or clips, but are removable. While they can be perfect for many, many patients look for added security.
- With implant-supported dentures, the replacement teeth are permanently fixed in your mouth. Dental implants anchor them to your lower or upper arch. They cannot slip, click, or slide, and they provide comfort, convenience, and confidence.
- The teeth for your implant-supported dentures are usually made of porcelain and they look like your natural teeth in color, size, and shape. At Newton Smile Centre, we make them especially for you so that esthetically, they enhance and beautify your smile.
Implant-supported denture appointments – what to expect:
Since implant-supported dentures are a permanent solution for missing teeth and they become a custom-fitted part of your mouth, there are several intricate steps we take to ensure a perfect prosthetic. Depending on your treatment plan, the time required may be up to a few appointments over the course of a number of months.
At your initial implant-supported denture consultation at Newton Smile Centre, we will take x-rays, make impressions of your mouth, and other diagnostic tests to determine your jawbone health and overall oral health. All of our findings will determine your treatment plan.
Here are the four steps toward smiling with implant-supported dentures. In this article, we haven’t listed every detail, but will review them in full of you at your consultation.
- Treatment plan acceptance – As your dentist in Newton Centre, we will discuss our findings of your initial appointment and the options we recommend for treatment. All of your questions will be answered. A treatment plan will be developed and agreed upon. At Newton Smile Centre, you always have a voice and we will listen.
- Preparation – If you have teeth that are to be removed before your implant-supported dentures are placed, we will book a convenient time for you. Your comfort is always our number-one focus.
- Placement of Implants – We will schedule an appointment to place the implants that will support your dentures. Meanwhile, your implants are being made in a laboratory by specialists who are technicians and artists – your new teeth will be gorgeous! Talk to us about wearing temporary dentures until your implant-supported dentures are ready for placement.
- Placement of your implant-supported dentures – Your beautiful new, fully functioning denture will be affixed to the implants.
What are the amazing advantages of implant-supported dentures?
- Aesthetically appealing and natural-looking
- Custom-fitting & comfortable
- Ease of talking, chewing, biting
- Improved enjoyment of food (your upper palate is not covered)
- No slipping
- Improved oral health
- Increased self-esteem
Dental Implant Facts And Stats
- Archeologists discovered the first known dental implants – Mayans used tooth-shaped shells and placed them in the jaw where teeth had been lost.
- Ancient Egyptians, it is thought, also used shells to replace teeth.
- In 1952, a Swedish surgeon, Dr. P. I. Branemark, discovered that bone fuses to titanium.
- Surgical-grade titanium (which is what is used for dental implants) is non-toxic and non-corrosive.
- Branemark commercialized the dental implant in 1981, and since then, millions have been placed.
- Dental implants are a preferred tooth restoration to replace lost teeth due to decay or trauma as they look and function just like natural teeth.
- Dental implants do not decay.
- Regular home care is required to take care of implants – brushing twice a day and flossing once a day to remove plaque and surface debris.
- Regular dental checkups are necessary with dental implants as with natural teeth.
- 97-98.5% is the cited scientific success rate of implant placement.
- Dental implants are comfortable and feel just like natural teeth.
- Dental implants are stronger than dentures.
- Between 2000 and 2026, dental implant placement is expected to increase by 26%.
- 3% of the world’s population is missing teeth.
- In the US, almost 80 million people are missing at least one tooth.
- When you have a dental implant, people won’t even know it… unless you tell them.
- The average diameter of an implant – a mini implant – is 1.8mm or about two stacked dimes to 3mm which is about the height of three stacked dimes.
- Dental implants restore confidence
- With dental implants, patients can speak and eat without worry about embarrassing gaps or about dentures slipping or clicking.
- By putting natural forces on the jawbone, dental implants help preserve bone mass and prevent bone loss.
- If well cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
At Newton Smile Centre, we want you to achieve optimal oral health and optimal smile confidence. We can help you reclaim your smile … and determine if implant-supported dentures are right for you! Call (617) 928-9299 today! We always welcome new patients!