At Newton Smile Centre – your Newton dentists – we practice what we preach. Proof positive of our commitment to optimal preventive oral health care are our wonderful registered dental hygienists. Their goal is to help you to achieve and maintain the optimal oral health that supports a beautiful smile, through diagnostic assessment, prevention, and education.
Here’s how your hygienist develops a personalized dental hygiene plan of care based on your unique needs:
- Reviewing or updating your medical and dental history
- Examining your teeth for decay, visually and with x-rays as needed
- Examining your gum tissue and recording baseline results for your future care needs
- Assessing your biting, chewing, and swallowing patterns
- Evaluating your dental readiness for procedures including cosmetic smile enhancements
- Reassessing your overall treatment.
- Screening for oral cancer with clinical measurements, radiographs, and other assessment methods
- Applying fluoride and pit and fissure sealants as indicated by your needs
- Cleaning and scaling teeth to remove plaque, tartar, and surface stains.
- Instruction about brushing and flossing
- Counseling about diet and its relationship to oral health
- Explaining dental treatments including orthodontics (Invisalign), periodontal therapy, and cosmetic procedures using a range of visual aids.
At Newton Smile Centre, your hygienist and NEWTON dentists, along with our caring and supportive team, are always happy to answer any questions you have about your personalized care plan, which is imperative to your oral health. After all, proper home care including brushing, flossing, and healthy eating are a crucial part of preventive dentistry! And if there is every anything you don’t like about your smile, we’re here to help you find solutions that leave you grinning. Call today!
Yours in continuing oral health,
Your Newton Smile Centre Team, dentists in Newtown Centre
P.S. At Newton Smile Centre, your optimal oral health is our priority and we know that without dental insurance many families find regular dental care to be a financial burden. But this preventive care can save you money (and time!) in the long run. That’s why we offer an in-house dental savings plan so you can get the care your family needs to stay healthy.